Monday, October 29, 2012

DTE 11 Months and a Little Man Letter

Eleven months down, only God knows how many to go!!

I had a lovely photo of the verse on my gold pumpkin but, alas, it was sideways and I gave up on trying to reimport it. So, yeah. Here's the verse..

Ezekiel 34:12-13a

As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness. 13 I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land.

At the conference I attended in September, Beth Guckenberger spoke about this verse (and so many other things). It just reminded me of our journey. I think God is rescuing us just as much as he is rescuing our little person. I mean, our priorities? Shot. Our plans? Gone. Our control? Long gone. And what a blessing.  He is rescuing us from darkness and bringing us into his land.



This weekend was homecoming so the little man's room was full.  Well, more specifically, our whole house was full! Today is a day of laundry and dishes and rest.  And running, of course. Seriously, I promise a post on my running soon. In reality, it's a major, major piece of my life right now and it deserves its own post.

Check out this chain in the little man's room! So big!! And with no referrals in our category for the past 3 months, this chain will only get longer. Good thing it's adorable, right?



Little Man,

This weekend was homecoming and we spoke of you often. When our friends and family ask about our lives, they naturally ask about you. I mean, you are a huge part of our lives, even though you're not here. And maybe not even born. We heard, over and over again, "We're rooting for you! We can't wait to hear about your little man coming home!"  I think you should really know how many people are missing you and praying for you and thinking of you even before you've entered the earth. We are so excited to have you join us!

We cheered the tigers to a victory this weekend and it was super fun. Each time we saw a little tiger costume or a cute little football hat I thought you probably needed it. Since I don't know how big you'll be when you get home, I am waiting to get you too many clothes. But when we know who you are, oh just you wait! You will be decked in black and gold for days and weeks:).

Love you, bubs. Praying for you!

Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment