Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In(dependence) Week

Last weekend was incredible for several reasons. Here they are:
  • Eric and I got a whole weekend away from our responsibilities to play and enjoy each others' company.
  • We played tourists in STL, which I am sure neither of us had done in a very long time. This included watching adorable animals, climbing like a monkey (hit up the STL city museum if you haven't), watching an awful(!!) cardinals loss, playing with fireworks, and taking pictures at the arch. Incredible!
  • I got to see my fabulous friend Melissa. This was one of the best parts. I just LOVE her and never see her. Plus she introduced us to her new special man friend. It was just a blessing to hang out with them, enjoy our time, and pretend for a weekend that we all live in the same city.

Yes, it was a great Independence weekend. We are expecting another fabulous weekend this weekend, although I would call it more of an In(dependence) weekend. That's right, it's our anniversary! One year! We are celebrating being In a Dependent, marriage relationship for one year on Sunday!! We are headed to Chi-town to meet up with friends and enjoy some time together. I can't wait. If I ever get my camera to work, maybe I will start posting pictures from my journeys.

Seriously, though, being on the brink of celebrating this milestone reminds me how truly blessed I am. I have a God-fearing, wife-loving man that I adore. God really gave me a treasure on July 13 of last year. I still go to bed and wake up thinking how blessed I am that such a special man chose to marry me.

Here's to In(Dependence) weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment