Monday, November 26, 2012

Little Man Monday

Dear Little Mister,

Well, last week we celebrated our second Thanksgiving where we thought of you and missed you. We prayed for you. We talked about you.  We shared our disappointment in the slowdown and how it looks like we won't see you for a while.  We are so, so excited to have you around. Each family occasion and holiday is just a good time to miss you. Then again, we are also so thankful for the family God has given us.  We love your Uncle Pete and his lady, your grandma and grandpa. And we know you're going to love them too.

I don't know if I've expressed to you yet how much or how often we pray for you and your birth mama and family. In our house, we know the truth of God, the way He orchestrates it all. The way He loves you and knows your whole life and who you are and who you will become, even before you are visible in an ultrasound photo (not that you'll have one--you probably won't).  We trust Him so much, not only with our lives and our future but with your life and your future.  In fact, we talk to Him a lot about you because we know He loves all of us so much. He cares about our thoughts and He listens and responds when we talk.  One of my regular prayers is that He will soften your heart toward him and draw you to him.  I pray even before we know you he will prepare your heart for his goodness.  I know this is deep. But as you read this in your adult years, I want you to know that the love story of God's goodness started long before you knew Him.

Your dad just got home. It's late and he's been working long hours for our family so I'm going to spend some time with him.  I'm sure he says hello and sends a hug.

Before I go, I wanted to let you know our Christmas tree is up and we put you on it. Well, I mean, it's not you per say. But it is a globe with a heart over Ethiopia.  It reminds us part of our heart is with you. I am looking at it as I write this post.  It's such a beautiful reminder of you.

OK, love you much, Little Man.  You have our heart.

love,

mom

No comments:

Post a Comment