Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sing a Song

I am watching the Oscars from the comfort of my hotel room in Overland Park. I started it at the bar at Carraba's and have continued here. I am a little disappointed in Penelope Cruz for best supporting acress but the show has completely redeemed itself in this moment. "The Musical is Back" number was incredible! I am a sucker for musicals, but wow. It was a good time. I mean, Baz Luhrman must be feeling the recession to have agreed to complete the number. But it was great.

A not-so-surpising Heath Ledger win makes me thrilled. I loved Heath. To see him win post-humously is appropriate and deserved. His families' speeches were absolutely beautiful. I am a little teary.

I watched "Man on Wire" at last year's True/False and it's so cool to see the director speaking of the film. I SO want it to win just so I can say, in a snooty voice, "I saw the best documentary of 2008." Seriously.

And thereit is! I won!! Well, okay, Man on Wire won. But I saw it. Yes, I did. And so, in a way, a little piece of me won. I would be lying if I said that I did not scream all by myself in my hotel room when I heard that it won. So fun! I can't wait for next week to see some more amazing documentaries.

My computer is going to die, so I best get going. Plus I am about to crash.

Here's to the Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment