Saturday, March 14, 2009

We Are the Champions!

After being a Mizzou basketball fan for a long time, it's hard to actually believe what happened today. As a student, I saw Quinn take the team to a Big XII championship, lose, and then fall off into oblivion. We have had some rough and tumble years. Today, though, Coach Anderson proved that we hired the right man for the rebuild, and we won the Big XII Championship. As my pastor said, "the curse of Ricky Clemmons is officially over." Woo! This is the first year in a long time that I will actually be excited about the NCAA Tournament.

Eric and I went to a marriage conference at our church this weekend. Paul Tripp is an author and speaker on a variety of topics, but he spoke on marriage while he was here. While he had some great points, it wasn't my favorite conference ever. I do think we took some of his information and will use it on strengthening our marriage. It was also a great time to evaluate and realize that we are focusing on the important parts of our relationship.

I haven't written in a while. Eric had a birthday and turned 27. He seems thrilled about the possibilities of year 27.

I am still a little worn out from a long week at work, so I will try to post more often but I am signing off for today.

Here's to the tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment