Friday, May 4, 2012

Old and New

Well, I can officially say I work for my church. Monday was out with the old--last day on campus.  On Tuesday I jumped into the new. And man is it new. And yet, it isn't exactly. I have been around this building for years, pretty much since it was built.  And I have loved my coworkers, even before they were coworkers. All in all, I have to say, it's pretty great.

But. Four days in and I am swimming in details. Newness. Learning.  So good but so much. And that's ok.

On top of all of this, I had the grand idea to have a garage sale tomorrow. So each night I've been coming home from the new and sorting through lots and lots of old. Other people's old. Old clothes. Old shoes. Old kitchen bowls. Lots of old.

If I ever again have a wacky idea like starting a new job and having a massive garage sale the same week, someone please shake me.  Really.

But seriously, it is supposed to be great weather for a sale and we've got a great location. So, I hope to get rid of a lot of this old and focus on a lot more new. Because man, do I have a lot to learn before my dear friend has her baby and I am left to my own knowledge base.

I would love to share more of all the details of life but in all honesty, to quote a woman I once knew, "the brain is full."  Yes. It's full.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying your new job - there are so many details, but I know you will be amazing! I saw you yesterday standing at the registration desk with your lanyard on and you looked super official and comfortable in your new role! Hope your garage sale went well too.

    ReplyDelete