Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Wonder of 13

Many people feel strongly about the number 13.  For me, the feelings are stronger than most. Of course, it didn't start that way.

On Friday, April 13, 2007, a lovely, nervous young man took me to dinner at a sushi restaurant. We'd never been there before.  We had a lovely time, but it was sort of a weird dinner.  I got the feeling this hottie I'd been dating for six months was a little uneasy.  We paid and went outside, where it was dark and raining and then and there the number 13 became a ridiculously important and significant part of my life.

Yes, the most wonderful man asked me to marry him on what many would consider the most unfortunate of dates.

Luckily for us, we don't believe in luck.  We also married on Friday the 13th and now celebrate every Friday the 13th as it arrives on the calendar.

Today is not a Friday but it is the 4th anniversary of the day I started wearing my favorite piece of jewelry. I've never been a jewelry gal but I can't imagine not wearing this ring.  It's like my special link to that special day.  Four years ago I had no idea we'd be where we are today.  But I'm really lucky the hottie asked me to marry him.  I don't have a picture of the day we got engaged but here's a photo from that winter.

I love so many things about this man, but one of my favorite current qualities is his deep desire to be a great dad.  We baby-sat for friends to get some experience last weekend, and look who was a natural.


Here's to my husband, for taking a chance on a crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment