Thursday, July 26, 2012

Not So Typical

Each day I keep thinking I will write a "typical day in the life" at my new job. Here's the problem with that: so far, I am convinced there really isn't a "typical" day.  It doesn't exist. Each day is different. There are days that are similar each week (looking at you, Sunday) but really, I just never know.  This might be one of my favorite parts. Well, to be truthful, I have lots of favorite parts.

I'm three months in now (as of next week) so I am still not sure I know 100% what I'm doing. Let me rephrase that: I am 100% sure I don't know all I'm doing.  But what I do know? It's good.  It's good.  I work with people who love Jesus. And like working together. And like me.  Woah. I am not bragging here, people. I'm just saying.  Yeah.  I get to come to work and pray with my coworkers. Or by myself.  I get to blog about things I like. I get to create activities for adorable children to help them love Jesus.  And I get to meet with volunteers and get to know them better.  And send emails. Lots and lots and lots of emails.  The only downside thus far is the intense construction noise spilling into our office from the main part of the church at every working hour.  And really? Not so bad.

So, instead of telling you about a typical day, let's just catch up, shall we? I mean, it's been too long since I just did a good old fashion tell you about my life sort of post.

Well for starters, it's hot. Really hot. So some of the things we usually do in the summer, like take the dogs for evening walks downtown, well, just sound miserable.  Yeah.  Our air conditioner is currently working so we spend a lot of time in our house hanging out and keeping cool.  I think I've seen every episode of Cupcake Wars.  In unrelated news, I crave cake a lot.  Many, many days. And I make a lot of cakes.

This week I said goodbye to my time sucker and good friend, The Bachelorette. I hosted the finale at my house.  If you don't like the Bachelorette, it's because you haven't watched it with us.  We had an amazing spread. I made homemade salted caramel pudding (a great option if you are trying to see how many delicious calories you can put in one cup) and cheddar meatballs.  My friends also brought dunkaroos dip, a jalapeƱo dip I can't find on the internet, great wine, brownies, and an ice cream cake with THE FINAL ROSE on it. OK, well, there were actually three roses on the ice cream cake. Whatever. My point is, it was a delicious show. And we had great company. It was delightful.  And I think we actually watched some of the show as well. Jef with one F I hope you make Rikki's mama happy for a long, long time. Or til I get fixated on a new season of the bachelor. Whichever comes first.

So it turns out the update is not that updateful. Yeah, that is a word now.  Shakespeare did it, so can I.

Off to see the man and finish an episode of something from HGTV.


No comments:

Post a Comment