Monday, January 6, 2014

Little One Letter

Hi Little One,

Oh I am praying. Praying, praying, praying. You see, Ethiopia? The place we have been waiting for you for more than two years? Well, the government isn't so sure anymore. They are talking changes. Or even ending adoption. We don't know much yet. And I am still hoping that's where you are.  But it's a little wild ride we're on.

I want you to know I am praying for all the kids in Ethiopia and you specifically.  I want you to know I am praying for the government.  I am praying for your safety and that your government makes choices to keep the option of adoption open to those of you who need it and protects those kiddos who can stay with their birth family, in their birth country.

I want you to know I know this is hard for you. And your family. I want you to know that I love you so, so dearly and I want to make sure you are meant to be ours.  So if you are not in Ethiopia, we will find you. If we have to wait years and search for you in another country, we will find you.  If we have to fight for you, we will.  But for now, our fighting is done in prayer.

Things in adoption are hard.  Nothing is easy. But I am praying God will lead us to you and protect you along the path.  My prayers for you and Ethiopia have only increased since we got word that things are questionable in Ethiopia. And so maybe that's a good thing.  In the end, my prayers for you and for Ethiopia will keep going regardless of the decisions the government makes.

Love you Little One. Even amidst uncertainty,

mom


No comments:

Post a Comment