Monday, October 3, 2011

Little Man Monday

Good evening Little Man,

It's late and I am tired. It's been a long day at work, the kind of day I will be reluctant to put in when you arrive.  And after that, we got to go share a social with others who have or are adopting from Ethiopia.  It's so cool to talk to them and I imagine in years to come when we sit around the kitchen table, you will be running around with the other kids, being louder than we want you to.  I look forward to that day--when the ring on my cupcake will be taken by you instead of one of the other kiddos.

Little Man, I am so excited to turn in the paperwork that will lead us closer to you.  Next week is the fingerprinting and then we are pretty much there.  How fun to send away the document that will eventually lead us to bring you home.

I'm the kind of tired that makes it hard to write, but please know that it's not because I am not thinking about you.  In fact, as I walked down the sidewalks of our town today I thought of how you and I will enjoy fall together soon.  Even if it's three falls from now, it will be soon.  I can't wait til Dad and I hold your hands and swing you down the sidewalk, just like my mom and dad used to do with me when I was a kid.

I love you, Little IC. I promise to share more next week.  I am praying that you are safe and know that you are loved.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment