Monday, October 10, 2011

Little Man Monday

Well Hello, Sweet IC,

This week I've thought about you so much.  It's been a week full of emotion and it seems like you sneak your way into every major event of our week.  Part of that is because so many people ask about you--our friends are already ready to be your friends and we are pretty thrilled they love you so much even before you're here (or maybe even born).

We went to a fundraiser this weekend for our friends the Myers' adoption. Their little girl Elise should be making her way home within the next few months. It's hard to look at their pictures and not get emotional and think of when we'll meet you--when you'll drool on my t-shirt or cry into your daddy's shoulder.  Watching her figure out who her parents are makes me so so nervous and excited for the time when we get to fall in love with each other.  I am also super pumped for you to meet Elise. It's so neat God has put together several families whose kids will all be from the same country. I am hoping you and Elise will be buddies and grow up together.

It's hard for me to know you're still possibly two years away from being ours. I really want to paint your room and buy you clothes.  The closer we get to finishing your paperwork, the more I want to "nest" for your arrival.  I don't think it will be too long before I have to give in and start refinishing your changing table.  At least it will keep me busy!

This week is Mizzou's homecoming.  We'll stay busy entertaining company, watching great football (hopefully), and reuniting with friends.  You'll be here for a homecoming in not too long. And if I have anything to do with it, in a couple of decades you may be going to a Mizzou homecoming of your own as an alum.  No pressure.  Just don't be a jayhawk:).

Love you, Little IC.  So Much.  You're in our hearts and prayers.

Mom

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your comments!! You have brought us so much comfort through our journey! I am hoping this is all smoother by the time you get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I love your little man Mondays! I am sorry that the process is so slow these days. May God's goodness be with you. Hope you enjoyed homecoming!

    ReplyDelete