Sunday, April 22, 2012

5 Months DTE

The time seems to be sneaking up on me these days. I guess that's a blessing. It's officially been five months since our dossier was sent to the beautiful lands of Ethiopia.  In one way, it feels like we just sent it off. In another, it feels like we've been waiting a super long time and we have so long to go. And so, this month's verse:

Isaiah 46:4 "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he. I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."




Yes, I may have a gray hair or two by the time we bring home our imaginary child. God didn't promise us this would be easy. Or short. Or painless. But he did promise he would sustain me. Carry me, even.

It doesn't get much more hopeful than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment