Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Have an Office (and other unrelated things)

First, I have to give a heartfelt thank-you to everyone who has become a part of our adoption puzzle in the last week.  We plan to give an update soon but I just can't blog without saying thank you.  I am literally brought to tears and overwhelmed by kindnesses every day.

And second, my heart is so very very heavy for the people of Joplin and surrounding areas.  Seeing posts from college and high school friends who live there just breaks my heart. My prayers are with the town.  This is the kind of thing that just reminds you how much we truly should be longing for heaven and how sad and cruel this world can be.  On the flipside, the kindness of humanity is inspiring.

I finally have an office.  Weird, I tell you.  In my five years in the work world, I have never had a door on an office.  A girl can get used to this.  My co-worker had her beautiful baby girl on Monday and I wasted no time moving into her office.  I think it will take a little while before I get used to it actually being mine.

Did I mention even though I have a full-time job I get to be an intern this summer? It's true.  My church recruited me to be an intern for Kids Club, our version of VBS.  I get to buy supplies, assist in setup, and work the week.  Meanwhile, I also get to fellowship with great women and learn more about heaven (our theme).  In my quest for supplies, I was required to get 190 rocks.  Some women might go buy rocks from a garden center. I am not one of those women.  My friend lives outside of town and suggested we should just get the rocks out of her creek bed near her house.  I trekked over at noon on Saturday and knocked on her door.  We headed down to the creek with a bucket and about 30 minutes, 2 snakes, and 3 trips up and down the hill to the creek later, we had all the rocks we needed.  I am not sure my friend knew what she was getting herself into when she volunteered to help but I was so grateful for her help!  Post-rock-adventure we bought Michael's and Hobby Lobby out of neon model magic, along with some other crafting favorites like sparkly pipe cleaners, iron-on printer transfers, googly eyes, feathers, and space-themed stamps.  Some people call it an internship.  I call it mommy-prepping:).

I'm off to finish some delightful TV with the hubs...

No comments:

Post a Comment