Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Poke Fun if you Mustache

I met E in September. First impressions: tall, dashing, beautiful.  Second impressions: the man can grow some facial hair. And he does. Every November, in fact. Before Movember was a thing (or a thing that we knew about), my man was growing his facial hair each November with nary a razor in sight. I could tell you it's for a cause but that would be a lie. The cause is for the sake of fun. He is incredibly tied to this. He calls it No Shave November. It is so near and dear to his heart that when he first came to meet my parents when we were dating, he looked like some sort of homeless creature just to keep up the tradition. He knew it was a risk. He knew he was trying to make a good first impression and the facial hair could put that in jeopardy. Yet, he stuck to his facial hair guns.  It worked out in the end. They love him.

As our years together have gone on, he's continued the tradition. And one could say he was a bit ahead of the time since facial hair has become so trendy in the November month. And many, many people do it for great cause. E has kept up his fun tradition, no cause-added, for each year (except for one--that's a story for a different time) we've been together.  Here's a pic of him a few weeks in, this time around:


 Yes, he enjoys his extra face warmth.  Well, this year he found an app that allowed him to add mustaches to his favorite pictures of me. Thanksgiving is a time of family, food, and football.  It also became a time of mustaches this time around. Each time I would hear my phone ding, I knew there might be a new pic of me with a different mustache.

Exhibit A


Exhibit B



Exhibit C


Exhibit D


I don't know if you are enjoying these, but I got tickled each time I got a new one.  He's a clever man, that one.  I don't think I'll be growing a mustache any time soon.

We have a friend who is hosting a mustache-related birthday for their little man this weekend. We really wished we could go but, alas, it wasn't meant to be. So E decided he would shave a mustache into his facial hair, we'd draw a mustache on me, and we'd send it to the fam in our absence.

Here's my man--he'll sell you a used car later if you're lucky (it'll be a real deal--guaranteed):


And me--I'll be touring with the Ringling Brothers in 2012


Really, we should have sent it as our Christmas card. Too bad they're already done.  Bennett, this one is for you. Happy Birthday!


I can't wait to write a recap explaining our weekend but alas, I must get to running.  Pun intended...

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. The "after"is a surprisingly good look for E. Makes him look all artsy.

    ReplyDelete