Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Little Man Monday

Hello IC,

Tis true, it's not really Monday. Your letter is coming on Tuesday this week because it was Labor Day on Monday. To most people this means the beginning of fall and a day off work. To our family it signifies a big family reunion at your Great Grandma's house.  We had a fun time and I got to talk a lot about you--about what we've done so far on our path to you and our plans for when you arrive home.  You have a pretty great extended family, IC, and I know you're going to fit right in.  They are so excited to see you come home to us and they want to know every detail of the process.  I can't wait to show them your picture, when we finally know who you are:).

We also got to go to a Tigers Game this weekend, Little Man. As much as I like football and plan to teach you to like it too, it was just too hot. We would have had to come home with you straight away so it's best you weren't there.  It won't be too many more football seasons until I can deck you out in Mizzou gear.  I know you'll look great in black and gold.  I got to teach the girls behind me some of the Mizzou traditions and it will be so fun to teach them to you, too.

Little Man, as fall comes I so look forward to the many falls we will share together.  Fall is a great time for kids and I think you'll fall in love with it, too.  Someday in the not too distant future, we'll carve pumpkins and jump in leaves and take nice crisp walks in the evening air. Until then, IC, I think of you often and pray for you to know how dearly we love you and how badly we crave for you to be a part of our family.

Even if it's two or three years, IC, we know it's not that long.  We love you.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment