Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Some stuff and other stuff

Work is keeping me incredibly busy this week. Just call me the dream dasher. I am prepping clinical applications so I can tell 55 students they get to start nursing school and countless others that they have to employ their backup plan.  Unfortunately.  Luckily for me, I just returned from a conference. It was really perfect timing, reminding me of why I do what I do and why it makes a difference.  Anyway, my apologies for the slow season on the blog--I've needed the mental rest at home.

Currently, I am getting no mental rest. Remember that cute puppy I introduced a few weeks ago? Well, she's a three month old, 25 pound puppy now and she is FULL of mischief.  Hubs and I are watching some Survivor show but mostly, we are shooing her off the couch.  And then the chair. And then the couch. And then...you get it.  She has a bed but she has no interest in the bed. She really just wants to get on our furniture. I might be ok with that if she hadn't already put a few serious scratches in our beautiful red leather chair.  This whole discipline thing is tough. I feel like I have a toddler who walks on four legs. Everything else seems to match up pretty well--we are potty training and cleaning up a lot of potty. She doesn't express her feelings in words only in sounds and cries. She does things solely to show her stubborn will. She whines when she doesn't get her way.  But the biggest one of all--she's so cute it makes it hard to discipline her sometimes.  Good thing we get a trial run at this with a puppy.

On the adoption front, the government sent us a letter letting us know they got our request. It was exciting to open the letter addressed from homeland security.  Then it was a bit of a letdown to read it and realize it just confirmed we sent them a request.  I guess we'll keep waiting.  It seems like we're gonna get to do a lot of that the next couple of years.

Lucky for us, we have a puppy to train during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment